AR Payment Discounts

Jason

Aug 20, 2008, 12:36:13 PM8/20/08
We allow our customers term discounts on the AR Invoices that we are
entering into SOP. The invoices have many items on them. However,
the customers only get a discount on certain items and not all of
them. Is there a way to set an item so that it does or doesn't not
factor into the Discount Terms calculation (GP 10)? It is a percent
Discount. Also can there be multiple % discounts based on the
payment? <5 days 5%, <10 days 4%

Jason

Jason

Aug 21, 2008, 11:15:14 AM8/21/08
I found an earlier post with some ideas on how to do the tiered
discounts: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.greatplains/browse_thread/thread/40fe4ab810897f86/666d29f49882fb05

How could I do the discount calculation in real time when it is needed
at payment apply time?

Jason

Victoria [MVP]

Aug 21, 2008, 11:48:27 AM8/21/08
Jason,

There is nothing in GP to handle this scenario. Nor would this be a trivial
customization. The pricing (discount on some items but not others) might be
possible with something like Extended Pricing in GP(probably not) or
OmniPrice from Rockton Software (probably). I am not aware of any 3rd party
product to handle the Terms Discount question, maybe someone else can
suggest one.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP