PA & AA and PA and PO Generator

MH

Jul 4, 2009, 6:25:01 PM7/4/09

Hi eerybody,

Isn't it strange that Analytical Accounting isn't integrated with Project
Accounting module, specially in Timesheet and Employee Expense transactions?

For the Inventory Items which required for a project are usually purchased
and then transferred, but it's required to enter the list of all items and
details in some place (like sales Order or Back Order which is linked to a
Project) and then generate the PO according to these requirements as
required. Is there a link between the Project and the Items sold/required
other than PO Entry? This is important when Assembly trx are required,
because if the project items are all assembled, we need to automate the
assembly transactions and the purchase orders of the raw materials. So, if
the finished goods are entered in a sales order linked to a project, we wil
be able to generate the required assembly trx and the required POs for the
raw materials.

It seems PA is dedicated for Porfessional Services sector rather than
Constructions sector.

Thanks.

MH.

Charles Allen

Jul 5, 2009, 9:50:01 PM7/5/09

You are right about Project Accounting. It is designed for professional
services firms. WennSoft is much more suited for the environment you're
describing.
--
Charles Allen, MVP