GP 10 Security Operation Table

maatthias

Dec 27, 2007, 4:56:01 PM12/27/07
I'm trying to locate the sql system lookup table for security operations.
For example, if I grant permission within Task1 to "Account Analysis
Defaults" I can see that a row is added to table SY10700 "Security Assignment
Task Operations". However I only see a securityid field here with no
descriptor. Any leads?

Thanks!

David Musgrave [MSFT]

Dec 27, 2007, 7:04:01 PM12/27/07
V9.0 and before had the same use of Dexterity resource IDs and had no SQL
table with the data.

In V10.0 they added the syCurrentResources (SY09400) table.

Go to Microsoft Dynamics GP >> Tools >> Maintenance Clear Data

Click Display, Click Physical. Select System Series and Insert the Security
Resource Descriptions table.

Click OK and send the report to the screen

Now you can join with the SY09400 table at the SQL level to get names for
forms and reports.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

mailto:David.M...@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

maatthias

Dec 28, 2007, 9:53:01 AM12/28/07
Thank you David. I get as far as selecting the table but it then asks if I
want to clear the data. How do I report upon the table?

maatthias

Dec 28, 2007, 10:17:03 AM12/28/07
Also, SY09400 is empty in the dynamics database. Should it be populated?

Thanks again for your help.

David Musgrave [MSFT]

Dec 28, 2007, 7:01:01 PM12/28/07
Follow the instructions to clear the table. After it has been cleared, it
will automatically be re-populated with the data for all installed
dictionaries.

maatthias

Dec 31, 2007, 9:37:03 AM12/31/07
Perfect instructions. Thanks for your help David.

taha...@gmail.com

Mar 20, 2014, 11:43:13 AM3/20/14
I really hate to jump in on a 7 year old thread, I hope y'all are still reading this.

I followed the instructions for populating SY09400 and it worked as advertised. However, it only added records where TYPESTR in ('Windows' or 'Reports').

Is there any way to get Series Posting Permissions added to this table as well? If not, is there another resource linking SECRESTYPE and SECURITYID to the text description of the Series Posting Permissions?