How to reconcile GL to Payables module?

瀏覽次數:32 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

DynamicsGPLover

未讀,
2007年9月25日 下午6:56:162007/9/25
收件者:
Does anyone have suggestions as to how I can reconcile GL to AP to make sure
the numbers tie?

What reports should I print from the GL side and from the Payables side?

From the GL side, I am pretty sure a Balance Sheet or TB will do, but I'm
not so sure from the AP side what report to print.

Say for example I want to reconcile a particular Accounts Payable account
for a historical year. How can I make sure the numbers tie in GL and AP?

Thanks

Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP

未讀,
2007年9月25日 晚上8:36:282007/9/25
收件者:
Dynamics:

You should run an Historical AP Aging dated as of your cutoff date
(i.e. 12/31/06). I wouldn't necessarily run a GL TB, I'd run a
SmartList on the AP account and analyze it for any entries that didn't
originate in the Payables Management series. You need to make certain
that no GL Journal Entries have sneaked into your AP account.

That should get you started, and hopefully finished :)

Good luck,

Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP
NOVA Solutions LLC
Melbourne, FL

DynamicsGPLover

未讀,
2007年9月25日 晚上8:48:022007/9/25
收件者:
Thanks Frank. I will give it a shot.

Richard Whaley -- MVP

未讀,
2007年9月26日 晚上10:05:012007/9/26
收件者:
To add to Franks good suggestion, let me give you some notes from our book
Confessions of a Dynamics GP Consultant.

If the total of the AP sub-ledger is not balancing to the Payables account
in General Ledger, here are some things that can be checked.

1. Make sure there are no independent adjustments to the control account.
The Allow Account Entry checkbox should be unchecked on the Account
Maintenance window (Cards -> Financial -> Accounts)

2. Someone may have changed the Distribution Type in the
Accounts Payable Distribution screen and the type and account are a
mismatch. This change would be made on a document by document basis. This
could occur if a user had to manipulate the account types to get the document
to post and made the wrong changes.

3. If discounts available are being accounted for in a different GL account,
the discount is included in the AP Trial Balance amount and the discounts
allowable account's balance must be added to the AP account balance to match.

4. If more than one AP account is used, all account balances must be added
together to get total of AP Trial Balance.

5. Currency/Revaluation differences can cause problems if multicurrency is
in use. For example if the documents are revalued and GL is not, the AP will
not balance to GL. Each vendor must have the Revalue Vendor check box
checked if transactions are processed in a foreign currency.

6. In Posting Setup (Tools-> Setup -> Posting -> Posting) if the Post to
General Ledger is not marked for all Payable Series Origins, then no batches
will be created or posted to the GL from those Origins.

If you find this helpful, you might want to get the other 299 tips contained
in the full book, available from our web site.

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

Jim Hummer

未讀,
2007年10月18日 凌晨1:33:002007/10/18
收件者:
We have a number of clients that do this with XL Reporter. Basically they
have an Excel portion of AP Detail Transactions for the period and also a
portion of GL Detail and then do a vLookup between them. It works great if
you have a high volume of transactions.

http://www.xlreporter.com

Jim

0 則新訊息