GP Guy needs advice

GP Guy in AZ

Oct 28, 2008, 12:59:18 PM10/28/08
Hey everyone.

We're on GP v9 SP4

We process lots of ACHs in GP, batch them up and send our primary bank one
ACH batch total with the line item info. They in turn send notice that our
account was charged the batch total - without line items. My A/P clerk has to
dig up the line items for that total in order to click off all the line items
in the Bank Recon module. Waste of time.

Acctg Manager wants to know if the Bank Recon module can record just the ACH
batch total when you click on Print Checks in the Edit Batch process
effectively reducing the clerks time by reconciling only one batch total ACH
entry.

Thanks,

Sandy
GP Sys Admin / Proj Sys Analyst

Mariano Gomez

Oct 28, 2008, 2:37:01 PM10/28/08
IF you do have Electronic Reconcile, use the SAME ACH file submitted to the
bank to create a reconciliation, IF you are certain the amounts will always
match. This in turn will clear out the checks and will allow your accountant
to adjust the reconciliation with any additional fees the bank may have
charged in the process.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

GP Guy in AZ

Oct 29, 2008, 12:26:08 PM10/29/08
Mariano:

Yes we do have Electronic Bank Reconcile but it never was incorporated,
before my time, to perform the ACH reconcile like you suggested. I will
definitely look into this.

Once again, thank you my friend.

Best