Laser printers that support check printing (MICR?) from Dynamics GP

Bill N

Mar 11, 2010, 2:13:30 PM3/11/10
I am looking for a list of laser printers that can support check printing by
Dynamics GP.
We are using dot-matrix on pre-printed form and got tired of them!

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Bill

Bruce

Mar 11, 2010, 6:33:01 PM3/11/10
Are you using Mekorma MICR Check Printing? If so the documentation has list
of laser printers.

"Bill N" wrote:

> .

Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP

Mar 11, 2010, 6:51:30 PM3/11/10
Go with an HP Laserjet. You can't go wrong with that printer and it
does work very well with Mekorma if you're going that route.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

Leslie Vail

Mar 11, 2010, 7:12:01 PM3/11/10
Bill,

I'd like to add that I think Mekorma MICR is hands down the best product to
use for printing the MICR on checks. Which product are you using to print the
MICR from GP?

Kind regards,

Leslie

Bill N

Mar 11, 2010, 7:19:32 PM3/11/10

I should have asked this question first:
What do I need to have in order to to print check to a laser printer. I was
googling and found several software packages that I can use, with a cost.
We have several companies setup in GP and most of them will need to print
checks.
You are mentioning Mekorma. What else should I take a look?

Thanks

Bill

"Leslie Vail" <Lesli...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP

Mar 11, 2010, 9:51:33 PM3/11/10
Bill,

You don't need any other software to print checks to a laser printer.
GP will print to the laser printer just fine, using standard check
stock. Now, if you are talking wanting to print MICR (magnetic ink
character recognition) checks, you'll need a product like Mekorma to
do so. Be aware, however, that in most cases, magnetic toner is not
actually required anymore because the character recognition software
used by many banks is advanced enough to read standard toner
characters. I have many clients who use Mekorma to print their checks
and use plain toner in their printers with no issues.

Leslie Vail

Mar 11, 2010, 10:34:01 PM3/11/10
Check Factory is the only other one I have used.

"Bill N" wrote:

> .

Bill N

Mar 12, 2010, 12:38:39 PM3/12/10
Dear all;
Thanks for all the info.
We do need to print check with MICR. If we can eliminate the need of special
toner, that would be a plus.

Bill

"Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" <fham...@eastcoast-dynamics.com> wrote in
message

ClaudeF

Mar 18, 2010, 3:53:05 PM3/18/10
I worked with clients who use Mekorma MICR and Wellspring Software Print
Boss. They both work well.

Claude