Drop-down box open in new page?

Thomas A. Rowe

May 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/27/00
Take a look at the drop down code on my site below. The link is under WMR
Quick Links. You can set a target value in the function part of the script.

--

=====================================
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

"RIDtoyz" <rid...@aol.com> wrote in message
> I just managed to figure out how to make drop-down box choices go to
another
> web page, but none of the "Target" attributes work; the new page always
loads
> in the current window. Is there any way to use the "New" and "Parent"
targets
> in the code that drives drop-down list box choices? Here's a sample of
the
> code I have on a drop-down choice selection (with periods injected for
reading
> on newsgroup):
>
> .<.form NAME="MenuNav">
> .<.select name="MenuNav_Toys" size="1"
> onChange="window.location=MenuNav.MenuNav_Toys.options[MenuNav.MenuNav_Toy
> s.selectedIndex].value;document.MenuNav.MenuNav_Toys[0].selected='1'">
> .<.option value="Catalog.htm">New Japanese</option>
>
> This takes me to catalog.htm when "New Japanese" is chosen from the list,
but
> if I put in the "Target=New" or any other target, it has no effect. Can
> someone tell me how to use Target attributes with this code, or suggest a
> better way?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> RID...@aol.com

RIDtoyz

May 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/28/00

Steve

May 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/28/00
This script will also do the trick:
place this in the head:
<script LANGUAGE="JavaScript">

<!-- Begin
function formHandler(){
var URL =
document.form.site.options[document.form.site.selectedIndex].value;
window.location.href = URL;
// End -->
}
</script>

Then this goes in the body, where you want the drop down to appear:
<form name="form">
<select NAME="site" SIZE="1" onChange="formHandler()">
<option VALUE="pagename.htm">Go to.... </option>
<option VALUE="pagename.htm">Home</option>
</form>

Steve G.