Print Preview Toolbar

Mike

Oct 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/25/00
Does anyone know if the preview toolbar can be modified? I want users to
be able to preview a report but not print from the preview screen. Any
suggestions?

TIA,
Michael Davis
ITS3 MN/DOR

Rick Bean

Oct 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/25/00

Mike,
The following is from a reply to a similar question:
"You CAN remove the print button from the preview toolbar.
Roughly:
1. make a backup of your foxuser files
2. from vfp modify the print preview tool bar to remove the print button.
Results are stored in the foxuser (resource) dbf
3. save the foxuser dbf as some other name.
4. compile the resource dbf into your exe. (this is optional)
5. In your print preview commands (I use a function to do this) SET RESOURCE
TO your resource dbf from step 3.
6. Do your PRINT PREVIEW
7. ReSET RESOURCE TO your usual resource file.

This works really well.

Nancy Folsom"
----
Note: The following expands on step #2 above, if you haven't done it before.

At the VFP Menu, choose View, ToolBars..., Check Print Preview, click on
Customize, then select Print Preview. Now click on the Print button on the
toolbar, and drag-and-drop it onto the "Customize Toolbar" window. It should
now be gone from the toolbar.

Rick

"Mike" <mpda...@mail.com> wrote in message