Is there any way to lock down the 'Customize current view' option in Outlook 2002?

pseudo...@lycos.com

Nov 3, 2005, 11:52:00 AM11/3/05
We have one department in our organisation that use several shared
mailboxes. The appearance of the email keeps getting screwed up because
of individuals with the fields on display and also meddling with the
'group by' and 'sort' options. Although all these users have their own
logins, the screwed up appearance was common (though in differing
degrees) to all the women in the department, which leaves them
completely puzzled on how to find the items they are looking for. Is it
the case that if one person alters the sorting of a shared mailbox, it
is altered for all? More importantly, is there any easy way of locking
down certain shared mailboxes so the 'customize current view' is
unavailable, so I can avoid pointless call outs in the future.

Many thanks.

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Nov 30, 2005, 3:49:58 PM11/30/05
To force users to see a custom view when they open a public folder:

-- Create the custom view, choosing the "On this folder, visible to everyone" option

-- On the Properties dialog for the folder, on the Administration tab, select your view as the initial view on the folder.

-- Choose View | Current View | Define Views, and at the bottom of that dialog, check the box for "Only show views created for this folder."

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP