MobileAdmin\remote wipe problem

Chad Bowser

Feb 1, 2006, 8:56:30 AM2/1/06
Here's the setup

SBS 2003 sp1
Exchange 2003 sp2 with MobileAdmin plug in
Numerous Windows Mobile 5.0 machines all working flawlessly

Here's the problem

On the server, when I go to Localhost/MobileAdmin, I'm prompted to log in,
which I do as domain admin without problem. I then select remote wipe, and
type in a mailbox name to bring up a device to wipe, I receive the below
error:

Server Error in '/MobileAdmin' Application.

The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.

Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an
error: (403) Forbidden.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[WebException: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.]
System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckFinalStatus() +680
System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
+74
System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream() +233
Microsoft.Exchange.AirSync.Admin.Mailbox.propFindRequest(String
deviceUri) +240
Microsoft.Exchange.AirSync.Admin.Mailbox.getDevices() +194
Microsoft.Exchange.AirSync.Admin.Devices.refreshDevicesTable() +135
Microsoft.Exchange.AirSync.Admin.Devices.Page_Load(Object sender,
EventArgs e) +190

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET
Version:1.1.4322.2032

I know it is querying the mailboxes correctly, because if I type in a
non-existant mailbox, I receive a message informing me that the mailbox does
not exist.

After getting this message the first time, I loaded ASP.NET 2.0, but that
did not help.

The same problem occurs if I browse the MobileAdmin VD in IIS.

Where did I go wrong?

aripro...@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2006, 8:56:23 AM2/2/06
I have got the same error on a production system, I have tried to
recreate the problem on another system, but can not. I was going to
rebuild the system.

aripro...@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2006, 11:59:03 AM2/2/06
uncheck the 'Require secure channel (SSL)' on the exadmin vdir

Grandsire Triples

Feb 6, 2006, 7:07:29 AM2/6/06
Yes, that seems to fix it, but I do worry that this reduces the security on
the SBS Exchange server.

aripro...@gmail.com

Feb 7, 2006, 3:40:41 AM2/7/06
the default setting for the exadmin vdir is HTTP only, Microsoft are
going to release a KB apparently.

AsheNet

Feb 20, 2006, 12:05:45 PM2/20/06
I just had to post a thank you here.
I have been searching to find out why I was getting that same error
with mobile admin for 2 weeks.

a...@gpimports.com

Mar 16, 2006, 1:55:08 AM3/16/06
Same here, I've been racking my brain to figure this one out. Thanks
poster.

b...@spader.us

Mar 18, 2006, 9:23:52 AM3/18/06
I had to reply a big THANK YOU! also, this was very helpful, I was so
close to figuring it out myself be diasabling the require SSL on the
exchange and exchweb virtual directories but I didn't try the exchadmin
virtual directory, but that did the trick. Thanks soooo much!
-Ben

Steven

Apr 1, 2006, 2:11:01 PM4/1/06
I have the same SBS setup but a different problem, see below:

Could not locate the specified mailbox, verify that you entered the correct
mailbox name.

Any ideas??

--
Steve