Re: IMAP to Exchange 2007 migration

Christian Schindler

Feb 19, 2008, 12:10:10 PM2/19/08
Which tool are you using?

Christian

"Marsha" <Mar...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:7108382A-FE76-46AF...@microsoft.com...
> Upon migrating a mailbox from IMAP to Exchange 2007 I get the following
> error
> message:
>
> An item has failed property validation and will be ignored.
>
> Does anyone know what this means and what I can do to get past it?
>
> Thanks!

Marsha

Feb 19, 2008, 9:05:01 PM2/19/08
I'm sorry, I didn't mention that. I'm using the Transporter Suite for IMAP.
And the error message occurs for certain emails. I can't find any
commonality with the emails, but the migration then fails. Any thoughts?

rama...@gmail.com

Feb 23, 2008, 9:38:41 PM2/23/08
> > > Thanks!- Hide quoted text -

Masha - Just curious. What is your IMAP server and what kis of
throughput are you getting while migrating mail data. I am planning on
doing one for a big setup and since this is a new feature added to the
Transporter, there is very little or no information available at this
time.

Thanks

sylvain b

Mar 20, 2008, 12:15:01 PM3/20/08
Hi Marsha,

Have you found any solution to that problem? I'm experiencing the same
problem. The only difference is that my script was working properly 2 days
ago, but no more now and I haven't changed anything in it! So I think it's
something that has been changed somewhere in my organisation, but don't know
where to search!

Marsha

Mar 20, 2008, 6:17:00 PM3/20/08
Hi everyone,

I got rid of this message by adding TargetServer to the .csv file as one of
the possible fields (such as SourceLoginID, etc) and then specifiying one of
my client access servers under the field. My error specified that the value
could not be null and the property that it thought was null was
'targetserver'. Try and see if it helps for you.

For the record, this tool really can be very inconvenient. We have actually
abandoned it because unless you specify each user's password in the .csv
file, this tool will not work. What happens is that the admin credentials we
use traverse each mailbox and can't handle separate sessions. There is no
'stop' command so to speak to delineate where one mailbox ends and another
begins. The result...all mailboxes that are migrated at the same time get
all mail in every other mailbox!!! Obviously, not an option. Microsoft at
this time cannot support the one (admin account) to many (multiple mailboxes)
scenario. This is the official word I got from the Transporter Suite team.

We also are unable to 'push' from the IMAP server since each message that
passes through the SMTP interface is stamped with the current date. The
result....the internal date is not preserved and every message in your
mailbox shows a received date of today. Not an option for us and I suspect
not for many other people.

If you can obtain passwords for all your users or reset their passwords to
something you know, this tool will work perfectly, unfortunately, that is
absolutely not an option for us. We have switched to client side tool.

Good luck everyone!!