Two accounts on 1 smart phone

ICTUser

May 21, 2007, 5:39:04 AM5/21/07
One of our users will be working between two different companies. Currently
he has a blackberry connected to our exchange 2003 server. At the other
office they have smartphones configured with exchange. We are looking for a
solution to use one device for both sites, which will have to be the
smartphone (I guess). Having never used or configured a smartphone is it
possible to use the smartphone for two different exchange sites? If so
would it be two completly seperate accounts (like outlook profiles) or can
you get them to sync into one maibox on the phone? The other problem would
be how to use the calendars and sync them into one calendar. The user is
going to have two secretaries creating appointments in two different diaries
and I am looking at ways to sync this into one diary or at the very least to
give them access to both diaries. This is all rather complicated (for me!)
and I am thinking it will be best to just use the two devices along side
each other!

Many Thanks

ICT User

Mark Arnold [MVP]

May 21, 2007, 9:26:53 AM5/21/07

No.
A phone can only activesync with one Exchange server.
Depending on the protocols available to you you may be able to POP3
into one of the two.
Personally I would have all mail delivered to one locaton and accessed
by the one account.

ICTUser

May 22, 2007, 3:14:14 AM5/22/07
Thanks - I guessed as much

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" <ma...@mvps.org> wrote in message

Helio Diamant - MS-MVP/Mobile Devices

Jun 26, 2007, 11:09:34 AM6/26/07
You can use IMAP on the second account. For mail, it will give you similar
result to Exchange, but it won't sync either Calendar, Tasks or Contacts .

--
----
Helio Diamant

"ICTUser" <ictus...@yahooremove.co.uk> wrote in message