OWA Ex2k3 - Changing Default SSL Port (443)?

Big Al Dexter

Aug 4, 2004, 11:24:44 AM8/4/04
Does anyone know how to successfully change the SSL port OWA listens to on
Ex2k3 (in a single server mode)? I have a specific need that requires me to
use a port other than 443 (e.g. 5443 in my example); when I set this up (new
cert with appropriate port #, change the SSL port in IIS) I get the "Page
cannot be displayed" error
message. Any help is greatly appreciated...

--Big Al

To reply plz remove the "N0_Spam" occurences.
Keep spam on bread and outta my inbox!!!

Martin Blackstone [MVP - Exchange]

Aug 4, 2004, 11:40:15 AM8/4/04
You are typing the port number in the IP, correct?
Such as https://mail.domain.com:5443

--
Martin Blackstone
MVP - Exchange

http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm
"Big Al Dexter" <HWe...@carolina.rr.N0Spam.com> wrote in message

Big Al Dexter

Aug 4, 2004, 12:03:09 PM8/4/04
Exactly. And to keep this simple, my tests have been on a LAN - no firewalls
to deal with etc. Basically, anything other than port 443 simply does not want
to work... Ideas?

Thanks for the help!

--Big Al

"Martin Blackstone [MVP - Exchange]" <mar...@myrealbox.com> wrote:
>You are typing the port number in the IP, correct?0Such as
https://mail.domain.com:5443ņTo reply plz remove the "N0_Spam" occurences.

S.Y. Paul Lai

Aug 4, 2004, 12:44:28 PM8/4/04

In case you haven't read the following KB yet:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;260096

--

S.Y.P. Lai
MCSE+Internet NT4

"Big Al Dexter" <HWe...@carolina.rr.N0Spam.com>

Big Al Dexter

Aug 4, 2004, 2:32:06 PM8/4/04
I hadn't seen that one; however, when using the standard port (443) and a new
cert (issued from an internal CA) it works fine. When changing ports, I issued
a new cert with the new port # with no luck. Deleting that one and adding
another new cert with 443 as the SSL port works again. This is very
confusing...

--Big Al

"S.Y. Paul Lai" <syp...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>In case you haven't read the following KB

yet:Řhttp://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;260096To reply

S.Y. Paul Lai

Aug 4, 2004, 8:28:16 PM8/4/04
You don't need to re-issue the cert. Just remove it and reassign it should
be OK. You can set the port number when you assign the cert. Remember to
right click "server name" and "Restart IIS" each time you change the port
number, as mentioned in KB260096. You can also use netstat -an in command
prompt to check whether your new port number is LISTENING.

--

S.Y.P. Lai
MCSE+Internet NT4

> I hadn't seen that one; however, when using the standard port (443) and a
new
> cert (issued from an internal CA) it works fine. When changing ports, I
issued
> a new cert with the new port # with no luck. Deleting that one and adding
> another new cert with 443 as the SSL port works again. This is very
> confusing...
>
> --Big Al
>
> "S.Y. Paul Lai" <syp...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >In case you haven't read the following KB

> yet:喥ttp://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;260096To

Big Al Dexter

Aug 5, 2004, 10:16:52 AM8/5/04
Thanks for the advice - after restarting the process and then restarting IIS
it is now working.

Again, thanks for the advice!

--Big Al