Outlook 2003 says attachment is too big, but Exchange is set to unlimited.

Max C

May 31, 2007, 6:29:16 PM5/31/07
In Outlook 2003, when I attempt to attach a file larger than 10 MB, I
get an error that says "The attachment size exceeds the allowable
limit."

I've gone into my Exchange 2007 server and in the management shell
typed in the following:

"Set-TransportConfig -MaxSendSize unlimited"
"Set-TransportConfig -MaxReceiveSize unlimited"

Both lines returned a message that reads "The command completed
successfully but no settings of 'Transport Settings' have been
modified."

That would seem to indicate that maxsend and maxreceive were already
set to unlimited. Anyone have any other ideas? My users are not able
to receive messages larger than 10 MB, even if sent from an outside
source.

Max.

Ed Crowley [MVP]

May 31, 2007, 8:01:21 PM5/31/07
Does this help?
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Max C" <max...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Max C

Jun 1, 2007, 9:51:24 AM6/1/07
Thanks for the reply, but the only thing I see there are the:

"Set-TransportConfig -MaxSendSize unlimited"
"Set-TransportConfig -MaxReceiveSize unlimited"

that I mentioned in my original post. That's why I'm lost. According
to MS documentation, everything seems to be set up properly.

Thanks,
Max.

On May 31, 7:01 pm, "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <cursp...@mvpsnospam.org>
wrote:
> Does this help?http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb310771.aspx

> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange

Leif Pedersen [MVP]

Jun 2, 2007, 1:07:38 PM6/2/07

You need to check all connectors. If that doesn't help this might:

Start adsiedit and locate
Configuration => Configuration => Services => Microsoft Exchange => First
Organisation => Global Settings => Message Delivery

Right click the Message Delivery container, and choose Properties. In the
Attribute list, locate DelivContLength and SubmissionContLength. I suspect
both values are set to something like 10240. If the values are present and
set, I want you to double click both attributes, and then click the Clear
button followed by the OK button. At this point the value should be <Not
set>.

Now, either allow for a replication cycle to go through, or force a
replication. Then restart the Exchange Services. Perform a test to see if
the actions performed yielded the desired results

Leif