OWA log off error

GXN

Dec 13, 2007, 9:49:34 AM12/13/07
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help with this issue. Exchange Server 2003, SP2.
When logging off from OWA, users get the following error:

The website cannot display the page
HTTP 500
Most likely causes:
The website is under maintenance.
The website has a programming error.

What you can try:
Refresh the page.

More information

This error (HTTP 500 Internal Server Error) means that the website you are
visiting had a server problem which prevented the webpage from displaying.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

If I turn off show friendly HTTP error messages in IE, the message
translates to:

error '8002801d'
/exchweb/bin/USA/logoff.asp, line 31

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

GXN

Dec 13, 2007, 10:05:40 AM12/13/07
Ah I fixed it:

III. Based on my research, this error code : 0x8002801d /
decimal -2147319779 translates to: TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED Meaning you have
an un-registered DLL.

In this case it probably means ASP.DLL is unregistered.

ASP.DLL is typically located in C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv

To register this DLL:

a. Open a command prompt: Start>>Run>>cmd

b. Type: CD C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv

c. Type: regsvr32 asp.dll
d. Restart your HTTP service: 1) Type: NET STOP HTTP
2) Type: NET START HTTP This should also start HTTP SSL., To check, type NET
START HTTP SSL
3) Type: NET START W3SVC

e. Type: IISRESET
f. Type: Exit ( to close the command prompt )
"GXN" <g...@nowhere.com> wrote in message