trying to remove exchange 2003 server.

Nicholas Oneil

Apr 28, 2004, 12:04:11 PM4/28/04
I have followed KB article 822931.
this is a member exchange server in a domain, i have a total of 3 exchange
servers.

when i go to add/remove to remove exchange it tells me it cannot remove it
because there are already accounts on the server still.

the servers name is B3.
b1 and b2 are still staying online.

when i check the B3 administrative group, mailbox stores, mailboxes.
i see 3 system users.

SMTP (B3-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
System Attendant
SystemMailbox.

if i right click on any of these users there is no feature to remove the
mailboxes. what can i do???

please help, thank you team!!!

--
nick

Ed Crowley [MVP]

Apr 29, 2004, 2:27:10 AM4/29/04
You have some users in AD that have mailboxes assigned to that server, but
since they never logged on or received mail you can't see them. Search AD
on the Exchange Mailbox Store.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Nicholas Oneil" <ni...@logicworks.net> wrote in message

Richard Roddy [MSFT]

May 3, 2004, 8:28:28 AM5/3/04
To expand on this answer, here are the detailed steps to use for the search:

Do a find in AD Users & Computers:

- Right-click on your Domain name and click Find
- In the Find dropdown, select Exchange Recipients
- Check ONLY Users with Exchange mailbox on the General tab
- On the Storage tab, select Mailboxes on this server and specify the
server name you are trying to remove
- Click Find Now
- Select all of the users it finds, right-click, choose Exchange Tasks,
Delete Mailbox

Thanks,
Richard Roddy
Microsoft Exchange Support