OWA & New ActiveX Click to activate.

John Newton

May 3, 2006, 3:28:01 PM5/3/06
In OWA on Exchange 2003, when you compose a new message or reply to an email
the Body is an activeX control. I do not want my users to have to click to
activate the message body so they can type their email.

With the changes to ActiveX controls is there a work around or upgrade to
OWA so this is no longer an issue?

Andy David - MVP

May 3, 2006, 3:36:18 PM5/3/06

Mark Arnold [MVP]

May 3, 2006, 3:36:58 PM5/3/06
On Wed, 3 May 2006 12:28:01 -0700, John Newton
<JohnN...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

This wasn't Exchange.
Now you're going to make me try and remember what update it was in
Windows that did it, aren't you.
......Puts coffee down and trawls through the change logs.....

John Newton

May 3, 2006, 3:52:03 PM5/3/06

Thanks Andy.

John Newton

May 3, 2006, 3:53:02 PM5/3/06

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> .......Puts coffee down and trawls through the change logs.....

It is an Exchange 2003 HF, Andy pointed me to it.

I would like to add, if you are runnign a clustered config this is helpful.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328839

Mark Arnold [MVP]

May 3, 2006, 3:56:27 PM5/3/06

a@tleederbyshired.0.tc.0.m Lee Derbyshire

May 3, 2006, 4:01:14 PM5/3/06
"John Newton" <JohnN...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

I think that the downloads near the bottom of this page are meant to reverse
the behaviour:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917425

Lee.

--
___________________________________

Outlook Web Access for PDA and WAP:
www.leederbyshire.com

John Newton

May 3, 2006, 4:08:02 PM5/3/06

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> Culprit:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/912945/

Thanks Mark, yeah we knew why it was doing it, now we have it fixed.

Thanks again you guys.