Cannot mail enable a public folder

Bob Weiner

May 5, 2008, 5:19:03 PM5/5/08
After mail-enabling a public folder I get the following error:
The mail proxy for this folder can not be found. This may be due to
replication delays. The mail enabled pages will not be shown. ID no:
C1038a21
This never goes away. How can I fix this?

I am running Windows 2003 SP 2, Exchange 2003 SP 2, and logged in with all
the permissions I need.

Other Symptoms:
1. The following event is logged every 15 minutes in the event log:
a. Event ID: 9543
Source: MSExchangeIS
Category: General
folder folder_name in the Active Directory.
b. KB 278441 (which applies to Windows/Exchange 2000) describes
the problem
c. We do not get the following event : Event ID: 9188

2. When trying to move the RUS from one server to another (or when
creating a new one) the Exchange System Manager gives the error, c1034a31:
Before creating a recipient update service, a member of the Domain Admins
group in the chosen domain must run Exchange Server Setup with the
/domainprep command.

3. Successfully
a. created new recipient policy
b. moved offline address book server
c. moved system folders
i. organization forms
ii. offline address book
iii. free/busy
d. changed routing group master

4. Groups
a. All Exchange server computers are members of the Exchange
Domain Servers group
b. Exchange Domain Servers group is a member of the Exchange
Enterprise Servers group

5. Permissions
a. Exchange Domain Servers have full control on
Services\Microsoft Exchange\Org\Address Lists Container\
Recipient Update Services

John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]

May 5, 2008, 7:13:19 PM5/5/08
Can you download ExBPA and run it against your Exchange Server?

--
John Oliver, Jr
MCSE, MCT, CCNA

"Bob Weiner" <b...@engr.uconn.edu> wrote in message

Bob Weiner

May 6, 2008, 1:54:02 PM5/6/08
The ExBPA found the problem.

The Microsoft Exchange System Objects container was moved into a sub OU. A
problem of too many cooks in the kitchen.

Thank you!
bob

"John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]" <jcoli...@hotmail.com> wrote in message