Re: E-mail already exists in this organization

a@tleederbyshired.0.tc.0.m Lee Derbyshire

Mar 4, 2006, 8:47:37 AM3/4/06
"Quo Vadis" <quov...@news.postalias> wrote in message
news:08E60B7B-025C-42EF...@microsoft.com...
> We installed a brand new SBS 2003 server. The domain is, for example,
> smith.local, and the Exchange server is hosting mail for smithwesson.com.
>
> We created the very first user, Mr. Smith, trying to use his desired email
> address: sm...@smithwesson.com. We get the above error (ID no. c10312e7)
> every time.
>
> It appears that the smitharchive public folder has been assigned the local
> domain name as its email address. I've tried changing that in ADSIEdit to
> smith2, but I still get the same error. This is a show-stopper for us, as
> Mr.
> Smith is the owner!
>
> Can anyone shed some light on how to resolve this issue?
>
> Thanks!

Try changing the email address in Exchange System Manager instead.
Right-click -> Properties -> Email Addresses.

Lee.

--
___________________________________

Outlook Web Access for PDA and WAP:
www.leederbyshire.com
___________________________________

guzzi

Mar 4, 2006, 9:30:01 AM3/4/06
chack my post named: This e-mail adress already exists in this organization

hope this will help you

Quo Vadis

Mar 4, 2006, 2:50:36 PM3/4/06
I did change the email address of the Distribution List in Server Managment
and that was the trick. Thanks Lee!

Jim McBee [MVP Exchange]

Mar 4, 2006, 7:07:09 PM3/4/06
Try dumping the entire directory out to an LDF file (LDIFDE -F OUTPUT.LDF)
and search through that file for the e-mail address you are trying to
create. Chances are it is already assigned to another object.

--
Jim McBee
Blog: http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com

Rich Matheisen [MVP]

Mar 4, 2006, 10:42:20 PM3/4/06
"Jim McBee [MVP Exchange]" <jmc...@cta.spambegone.net> wrote:

>Try dumping the entire directory out to an LDF file (LDIFDE -F OUTPUT.LDF)
>and search through that file for the e-mail address you are trying to
>create. Chances are it is already assigned to another object.

Wouldn't it be easier to use ADUC (for most people)?

Use "Find..." and select "Custom search". Select the "Advanced" tab
and put "proxyaddresses=smtp:sm...@smithwesson.com" into the edit box.
Make sure the "Entire directory" scope is selected.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Jim McBee [MVP Exchange]

Mar 5, 2006, 5:06:15 PM3/5/06
Aaahhh, even better. :-) That one is blogworthy!

"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" <rich...@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote in message