Re: Problems deleting filtered rows

Ron de Bruin

Feb 20, 2008, 3:37:13 PM2/20/08
hi Rodrigo

You are not the only one
I only see this problem myself when I filter in a table in 2007 but not with Autofilter

You can do this (part of one of my webpages)

1) Select the whole data range or if you not have empty rows/columns in the range
you can use Ctrl * to select all data or use F5>Special>Current region>OK with
one cell selected in the data range.
If it copy all the data (there are a few reports of 2007 users) use also the shortcut
Alt ; or F5>Special>Visible cells only>OK to select only the Visible cells.

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Rodrigo Alonso" <ral...@santablanca.cl> wrote in message news:uPbfD%23$cIHA...@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>I usually use the Filter function when dealing with data in Excel.
> But I cannot figure out why SOMETIMES the hidden data (i.e. after being
> filtered) is also afected by changes to filtered data. For example, if I use
> Filter to find blanks cells and then delete the filtered rows also hidden
> rows (with data) are deleted.
> I am using Excel 2007, and I never had this problem before with earlier
> versions of Excel.
> I will appreciate any help regarding this problem
> Thanks.

Rodrigo Alonso

Feb 20, 2008, 3:42:11 PM2/20/08

scott

Feb 20, 2008, 5:05:41 PM2/20/08
I have had the same issue and used what Ron suggests going to visible
cells only.
If it is possible, without messing up your sheet, to sort all of the
blank cells into a group which you can delete that is another way to
remove them.
ScottD

Rodrigo Alonso

Feb 21, 2008, 9:06:33 AM2/21/08
Hello Ron:
Thanks for your help.
The problem is that it seems to be a random problem, because when I was
testing your advice on the spreadsheet with problems it started working
fine.
In any case, I will have your advice at hand for the next time I run into
the problem.
It also allow me to learn about your webpage.
Thanks again.
Regards,
Rodrigo Alonso

P.S. But certainly it is a very annoying situation not to know if the
program works or not.

"Ron de Bruin" <ronde...@kabelfoon.nl> wrote in message

Rodrigo Alonso

Feb 21, 2008, 9:14:21 AM2/21/08
Thanks Scott for your help.
As I also answer to Ron, the problem is that this is a problem that appears
randomly, and makes it very annoying when you work with a lot of data.
Since the problem happens when a filtered is used, it is not only the risk
of unknowingly deleting a hidden row, but also changing their value when you
think only are doing this only to visible cells selected.
Hopefuly a fix to the problem will be found soon.
Regards,
Rodrigo Alonso

"scott" <s...@d2.com> wrote in message

Ron de Bruin

Feb 21, 2008, 11:53:17 AM2/21/08
> The problem is that it seems to be a random problem, because when I was
> testing your advice on the spreadsheet with problems it started working
> fine.

That's the problem

When you can reproduce it every time it is easier to create a bug report.

creep...@googlemail.com

Aug 21, 2013, 10:30:53 AM8/21/13
Very old problem, but I know the answer..
This is caused when you select the header row and turn on the autofilter (something you had to do in Excel 2003 I believe) - If oyu turn on autofilter with the first row selected you will have this problem.
Turn on autofilter by just selecting a single cell anywhere in the table and you should be able to delete from filtered data without it deleting rows in between.

fa...@eventnation.com

Apr 6, 2020, 5:11:14 PM4/6/20
This answer fixed the problem for me. I just un-selected the column heading and then deleting filtered items worked. Thanks.