Default font color

ajb

Sep 9, 2003, 1:48:13 PM9/9/03
How can I set the default font color to anything but black?

FT OFFICE

Sep 9, 2003, 3:45:37 PM9/9/03
You can go to Format, Style, be sure the Style name is at Normal, hit modify
over on the right, change the color.

You'll have to do this to each workbook. I have not been able to figure out
how to make it permanent.

"ajb" <ajb...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

Debra Dalgleish

Sep 9, 2003, 4:09:28 PM9/9/03
You can create a new default template, with your preferred font colour:

1. Open a new workbook.
2. Choose Format>Style
3. From the dropdown, choose Normal
4. Click Modify, and select a font colour
6. Click OK, click OK
5. Choose File>Save As
6. From the Save As Type dropdown, choose Template (*.xlt)
7. Name the File "Book.xlt"
8. Save it in the XLStart folder
(you can search for this -- in Windows XP it may be in
C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel)

When you click the New button on the toolbar, the new workbook will be
based on this template.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List