"Fixed Objects will Move"

Kristen

Sep 1, 2004, 9:20:02 PM9/1/04
When working with filters in large Excel spreadsheets, I
get to a certain point where I start to encounter a
message "Fixed Objects will Move" (to which I can only
say OK). Everytime I filter the data, this message
appears. I have checked and there is no data sitting at
the end of the spreadsheet which is being "moved" off the
page.

What does this message mean?!?

Debra Dalgleish

Sep 2, 2004, 11:16:43 PM9/2/04
The following MSKB article may help:

XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=211769

Also, Dave Peterson posted this advice:
'================
Someone with the same problem posted back that their comments were
getting resized causing the trouble.

Maybe enabling: Tools|Options|View|Comment and indicator
(at least for a little bit will help.)
'========================

Or, perhaps William's suggestion in the following posting will help:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&selm=%23SyiwlGICHA.2580%40tkmsftngp09

He advised the following:
"if you have a button on your worksheet, right click on the button,
select "Format Control", select "Properties" and then select "Move and
Size with cells"

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List