Copy specific text from notepad into Excel

Riggi

Jan 4, 2007, 5:29:22 AM1/4/07
Hello all,

Can we copy a number/text from a text file which is in a specific
colomn and row in a text file( 10 spaces long)
and then paste it in the excel sheet. I don't want to use the import
command cuz my text file is not delimited.
There are number randomly placed in the text file which I need to copy
and paste it in the excel cells.

I want to place a button on my spreadsheet which would help the user to

locate the data file and then excel would extract data from that sheet
and paste it in the black spaces on the sheet.

Please Help !!!

Thanks,

Riggi

Martin Fishlock

Jan 4, 2007, 6:10:00 AM1/4/07
It is easier to open the text file as a vba internal processing file and read
the data rather than using the standard open method.

You can still use the standard dialog to get the file name but then open and
process the file.

The code would be

Sub doit()
Dim fileToOpen As Variant
Dim s As String
fileToOpen = Application _
.GetOpenFilename("Text Files (*.txt), *.txt")
If fileToOpen = False Then
Exit Sub
End If
Open fileToOpen For Input As #1