SQL Server Login

GregR

Jan 31, 2006, 11:41:00 AM1/31/06
I just upgraded to Office 2003 and I had been using a script in Excell
2000 to import data from a ODBC connection. Everything worked fine in
2000 but in 2003, there seems to be a new option of "use trusted
connection", which seems to be turned on by default. Is there some
option to turn this option off, or can I add something to the trusted
source connection? If not can I add something to my script to recognize
the trusted source? TIA

Bill Schanks

Jan 31, 2006, 1:13:16 PM1/31/06
It's in the connection string.

The best way I have found to edit is via VBA. Make sure your cursor is
in the Query Table, and then go into the VBA Editor and hit Control-G.
The following will show you what it is, or allow you to reset it:

To fetch the connection:
? selection.querytable.connection

To change the connection:
selection.querytable.connection = "new connection string"

Also, this addin makes working the ODBC Queries via Excel much easier:

http://www.dicks-blog.com/archives/2005/11/29/query-editor-add-in/

GregR

Jan 31, 2006, 2:57:10 PM1/31/06
Bill, thanks that did the trick...............

Greg