Add-In - Component not correctly registered

TechnicalUser

Jan 5, 2004, 12:19:36 PM1/5/04
After installing an addin I get the following messages.

Component not correctly registered
then
unexpected error (336)

The program toolbar is then not added.

Please help.
I need some suggestions

@consumerdotorg Bernie Deitrick

Jan 5, 2004, 12:32:45 PM1/5/04
Your add-in has an ActiveX control that wasn't properly registered.
You'll need to use a tool like Regsvr32.exe to register the component.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"TechnicalUser" <anon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

anon...@discussions.microsoft.com

Jan 5, 2004, 3:02:44 PM1/5/04
I am almost positive that I tried this over the holidays.
I will give it a go again and post my results.
BTW,
are u referring to:
C:\>regsvr32 "C:\program files\common files\system\ole
db\file.dll"
??

>.

TechnicalUser

Jan 5, 2004, 4:16:41 PM1/5/04
No luck.
I tried registering the component by using
windows|start button
regsvr32.exe pathandfilename.xxx
eg.

C:\>regsvr32 "C:\program files\common files\system\ole
db\file.dll"

I have also trie re-reistering excel with its factory
defaults
Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /regserver

The problem still exists and I am really in need of any
help that I can get.

Please comment.
Thanks in advance

>.

TechnicalUser

Jan 5, 2004, 4:24:02 PM1/5/04
It may help to know that installing the same addins on a
different machine with the same OS (winXP) causes no
problems for the addins to load.

>.

pietje bell

Jan 29, 2004, 9:39:10 AM1/29/04