Enable autosave with VBA

David McRitchie

Jun 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/20/00
Tools --> Autosave
if not available
Tools --> addins --> autosave

There have been some problems with Autosave in XL2000
so if this is XL2000 you want to get the updates. The problems
are harmless but they require you going into Autosave and
changing the options even though you changed them before.

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q231/1/17.ASP

--
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel (site changed 2000-04-15)

fELIX <AUD...@ELKARGI.ES> wrote in message news:uaPb7ys2$GA.78@cppssbbsa05...
> What´s the code to enable the autosave command?
>
> thanks

Jim Rech

Jun 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/21/00
Assuming your question is, given that the Autosave add-in is open how do I
programmatically enable and disable it, there is nothing documented on that
as far as I know. The following are some macros that I hacked out several
years ago that seem to do the job. Fwiw:

Sub EnableAutosave()
ToggleAutoSave True
End Sub

Sub DisableAutosave()
ToggleAutoSave False
End Sub

Sub ToggleAutoSave(Setting As Boolean)
Workbooks("autosave.xla").Excel4IntlMacroSheets("Loc Table") _
.Range("ud01n.Do_Save").Value = Setting
Run "autosave.xla!mcs05.ClearOnTime"
Run "autosave.xla!mcs03.SetOnTime"
Run "autosave.xla!mcs01.CheckCommand"