Typing Mathmatical symbols

Stephen Bye

Mar 11, 2004, 4:48:27 AM3/11/04
Try underscore, followed by new line (alt+enter) then X.

"Shilps" <anon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I'd be glad if someone could please tell me how do you type X bar with bar
as a symbol( a small bar above letter X)
> Thanks

Jim Cone

Mar 11, 2004, 7:58:51 AM3/11/04
You can also create a character in "Character Editor".
In WindowsXP - to open Private Character Editor, click Start, and then click
Run. In the Open box, type eudcedit.

I just made this one up: ?

Jim Cone
San Francisco, CA

jaf

Mar 11, 2004, 6:01:51 PM3/11/04
Nice one.

--
John
johnf 202 at hotmail dot com

"Jim Cone" <jim.c...@rcn.comXXX> wrote in message

jaf

Mar 11, 2004, 6:01:14 PM3/11/04
Do insert>object>microsoft equation editor.
If you don't see it in the list re-run Excel/office setup.

--
John
johnf 202 at hotmail dot com

Jim Cone

Mar 11, 2004, 6:42:26 PM3/11/04
John,

I would have recommended the Equation Editor,
but I couldn't the bar/x in the toolbar.
Is it there?

Regards,

Jim Cone
San Francisco, CA

"jaf" <m...@here.com> wrote in message

> Hi,
> Do insert>object>microsoft equation editor.
> If you don't see it in the list re-run Excel/office setup.

Dave Peterson

Mar 11, 2004, 8:17:43 PM3/11/04
There's an "underbar and overbar templates" icon that you can use. Click that
first and then type X in the template(?)--it's a little box thingy (technical
term).

--

Dave Peterson
ec3...@msn.com

Jim Cone

Mar 11, 2004, 8:49:40 PM3/11/04
Dave,

Thanks, I found it. That "little box thingy" did it<g>.
Its been too long since I last used it.

It appears that in Excel one has to insert an object instead of
a text character when you use the equation editor.
Word equation editor allows you to insert directly into the text.
The character Editor also allows you to do that.

Regards,
Jim Cone
San Francisco, CA

"Dave Peterson" <ec3...@msn.com> wrote in message

> There's an "underbar and overbar templates" icon that you can use. Click that
> first and then type X in the template(?)--it's a little box thingy (technical
> term).

> Jim Cone wrote:
> > John,
> > I would have recommended the Equation Editor,
> > but I couldn't the bar/x in the toolbar.
> > Is it there?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Jim Cone
> > San Francisco, CA