Concatenate with Line Feed not working

Cummings

Apr 8, 2008, 8:47:00 AM4/8/08
Good morning, all.

trying to combine two cells with a line feed (char(10)) and I just get the
square box.

Tried copying the example in EXCEL help, but still got the square box.

Used both the CONCATENAT function and the ampersands. Still get the square
box.

ALT-ENTER works fine if I am typing text. Have tried it in the formulas,
but to no avail.

=CONCATENATE(MasterList!A$3,CHAR(10),MasterList!C$3)

=MasterList!A$3
&
CHAR(10)
&
MasterList!C$3

and
=MasterList!A$3&CHAR(10)&MasterList!C$3

all return the little square.

Thank you in advance
--
JP Cummings

Cummings

Apr 8, 2008, 8:52:01 AM4/8/08
EXCEL 2003. sorry
--
JP Cummings

Billy Liddel

Apr 8, 2008, 9:09:01 AM4/8/08
Hi, Just format the cells, Format, Cells, Alignment, Wrap Text, OK
And then the char(10) will be recognised.

Peter

Cummings

Apr 8, 2008, 9:42:01 AM4/8/08

Thanks. You know, sometimes it would be really nice if these things were
mentioned on the program's help page.

But then, you wouldn't get paid.

But you don't.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the answer to this and countless
other stupid questions I've asked over the years.

Jim
--
JP Cummings