Opening Lotus 1-2-3 files

Skip to the first unread message

mayberrygoer

31 Mar 2008, 03:04:0031/03/2008
I have many heritage Lotus 1-2-3 files which I have been able to open before,
but when I tried to open one of them today, I receive the following:
"You are attempting to open a file type that is blocked by your
registry policy setting."
Why am I not able to open Lotus 1-2-3 files anymore?
How can I overcome this? Please help.

Kevin B

31 Mar 2008, 09:20:0031/03/2008
The following Knowledge Base article addresses this problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922848/en-us

--
Kevin Backmann

Jim Rech

31 Mar 2008, 09:53:0431/03/2008
Kevin's cite is correct but it's a lengthy article.

So what you have to do is open the Regedit.exe program from Start->Run.
Then create this DWORD key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel\Security\FileOpenBlock\LotusandQuattroFiles

And leave its value at the default of 0.

--
Jim
"mayberrygoer" <mayber...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message