tick mark.!

via135

Sep 15, 2009, 2:26:39 PM9/15/09
hi.!

how can i enter a tick mark in a cell..?!

any hlp..?

-via135

T. Valko

Sep 15, 2009, 2:39:41 PM9/15/09
Define "tick mark".

Do you mean a checkmark? If so, I like Dave Petersons method...

Saved from a previous post:
----------
Enter a tick mark in a cell

Select the range
Format|cells|number tab|custom category
In the "type:" box, put this:
alt-0252;alt-0252;alt-0252;alt-0252

But hit and hold the alt key while you're typing the 0252 from the numeric
keypad.

It should look something like this when you're done.
�;�;�;�
(umlaut over the lower case u separated by semicolons)

And format that range of cells as Wingdings.

Now, no matter what you type (spacebar, x, anyoldtextatall), you'll see a
check
mark.
----------

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"via135" <via...@gmail.com> wrote in message

via135

Sep 15, 2009, 3:00:46 PM9/15/09
On Sep 15, 11:39 pm, "T. Valko" <biffinp...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Define "tick mark".
>
> Do you mean a checkmark? If so, I like Dave Petersons method...
>
> Saved from a previous post:
> ----------
> Enter a tick mark in a cell
>
> Select the range
> Format|cells|number tab|custom category
> In the "type:" box, put this:
> alt-0252;alt-0252;alt-0252;alt-0252
>
> But hit and hold the alt key while you're typing the 0252 from the numeric
> keypad.
>
> It should look something like this when you're done.
> ü;ü;ü;ü

> (umlaut over the lower case u separated by semicolons)
>
> And format that range of cells as Wingdings.
>
> Now, no matter what you type (spacebar, x, anyoldtextatall), you'll see a
> check
> mark.
> ----------
>
> --
> Biff
> Microsoft Excel MVP
>
> "via135" <via...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > hi.!
>
> > how can i enter a tick mark in a cell..?!
>
> > any hlp..?
>
> > -via135

great..!
thks Biff..!!!

-via135

T. Valko

Sep 15, 2009, 4:13:45 PM9/15/09
You're welcome! Let's give the credit to Dave Peterson.