Office 2003 Windows XP can't open files on my network

Kathleen

Feb 3, 2004, 3:48:37 PM2/3/04
When I navigate to an Excel spreadsheets and Word
documents located on a computer my network using a new
Dell Windows XP machine, running Office 2003. I can see
the files but when I try to open them Word and Excel just
locks up. If I copy and paste that file on my hard drive
it opens fine, or if I access a file from my WinNT server
it opens fine. The machines I am tring to open the files
on are Windows 98 machines running office 2002. I have run
all Microsoft updates windows and Office on all machines.
All network settings are correct.

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appriciated!