Custom Charts in Excel 2007

Bone_pyro

Apr 30, 2007, 11:54:40 AM4/30/07
What has happened to custom charts in 2007?

I used to create a chart with one data series displayed as columns
(result data) with another series on the same chart displayed as a
line (budget data). I cannot find any way of doing this in Excel 2007,
anyone offer some help on this?

Bernard Liengme

Apr 30, 2007, 12:53:48 PM4/30/07
Make a column chart with the two data series
Right click on the a Budget column; select Change Series Chart Type
Select Line chart
Even in earlier version it was often better to make your own combination
chart this way
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Bone_pyro" <an...@ab1cs.com> wrote in message

Jon Peltier

Apr 30, 2007, 1:42:27 PM4/30/07
For whatever reason, Microsoft removed the custom built-in chart types. But
it's easy to create your own. Start by making a chart of all one type, say
columns. Select the series you want to display as a line, and on the Chart
Tools > Design tab, click on Change Chart Type. This will only affect the
selected series.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

monicahorvath

Jun 7, 2007, 5:14:29 PM6/7/07
I am starting with a (2D) bar graph with three series. I want a stacked bar graph for two of the series, but the the third series plotted as its own bar on the same axes.

In excel 2007 I right click to change series chart type on the two series I want to stack, and doing this stacks all three of them. No order combination of right-click-changing seems to make a difference. I have even tried to make a 'ghost' 2nd y-axis for the 2 series I want to stack, but XL stacks all three regardsless. Any way around this? If I plot the third 'lone' series as a line, it works fine; i.e. the other two remain the stacked bar.

Very vexing!

http://www.eggheadcafe.com