Y-axis title truncated excel 2002

T-Rex

Nov 10, 2004, 10:56:40 AM11/10/04
I can't get excel 2002 to show the complete y-axis title along the y-axis.
It truncates in the plot whatever I type
in the Chart Options, Value (Y) axis box. No problem with the Chart Title
or X-axis.
Is it worth changing from excel 2002 to excel XP (which I have). I'm running
win2000.
Puzzled.
REX

Bernard Liengme

Nov 10, 2004, 1:11:32 PM11/10/04
Others have reported this problem. One solution is to add some extra
characters to the y-axis title and to format these to a colour that makes
them invisible on the chart. I have never seen this myself - I use XL2002
and XL2003

best wishes
Bernard

"T-Rex" <T-...@foo.com> wrote in message

Barb Reinhardt

Nov 10, 2004, 1:18:31 PM11/10/04
I, too, have seen this problem. I just tried your suggestion and it didn't
fix the problem. When I print, the Y label is fully displayed. I have
Excel 2003.

"Bernard Liengme" <blie...@stfx.TRUENORTH.ca> wrote in message

T-Rex

Nov 10, 2004, 4:21:40 PM11/10/04
Bernard
Thanks. Your fix seems to work...but its touchy about how to apply it. I
kept on experimenting
using a series of periods after a really short title. What shows in excel
and what shows when printed out to a .pdf
appears to be different!
REX

Jon Peltier

Nov 12, 2004, 11:40:36 AM11/12/04
See also my response to the thread "Excel does not display all of an axis label"
started by sdthompson, less than two hours after your post.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services