How to run a .Net program from a network drive

Sylvain

Nov 24, 2003, 6:04:41 AM11/24/03
Hi all!

I developed a small program in J# and installed it on a network drive so my
teammates could use it.
It's working fine on my computer, but when I run it form the network drive I
get the following error:
"An unhandled exception of type System.Security.SecurityException occurred
in Unknown Module"
then it says the project location is not fully trusted.....
Somebody knows how to resolve this issue so that anybody from the local
intranet can run it, please?
Thank you for your time!

SyP

Dino Chiesa [Microsoft]

Nov 24, 2003, 1:31:30 PM11/24/03
This is due to the .NET Framework security infrastructure.

To enable such an assembly to run on the local machine you need to run this:
c:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\mscorcfg.msc

....on each machine.

1.. Start mscorcfg.msc. (<Start><Settings><Control Panel><Administrative
Tools><Microsoft .NET Framework Configuration>)
2.. Expand each element in the My Computer/Runtime Security Policy path.
3.. Right-click the Runtime Security Policy node, and then click Trust
Assembly to open the Trust an Assembly dialog box.
4.. Click Make changes to this computer, and then proceed to the next
dialog box.
5.. Type the full path of the Assembly (for example,
\\shareserver\sharename\appdir\MyManagedApp.exe) in the appropriate field,
or browse to the Assembly.
6.. Click Next to open the Choose the Minimum Level of Trust for this
Assembly dialog box.
7.. Adjust the trust level to Full Trust, and then click Next to finish.
also see
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=311295

-Dino
Disclaimer: change security policy at your own risk. You should be sure to
understand the implications of the above change before making it.

"Sylvain" <pag...@aol.com> wrote in message