java.util.zip ZipFile("") problem

Bill Andreozzi

May 8, 2003, 3:10:50 PM5/8/03
I've having a weird problem - (I'm using framwork 1.1)
I get a zipexception that doesn't mean much when trying to call:

ZipFile zf = new ZipFile( "file.zip" );

This file.zip was created fine by using:
new ZipOutputStream(new java.io.FileOutputStream("file.zip")).close();

If I call new ZipFile( "file.zip" ) on the new empty file, all works well.
BUT,
as soon as I add a file to the file.zip and then call new ZipFile(
"file.zip" ), I get an exception.

If I then go to winzip then look at the "file.zip" I have no problems
extracting a file etc.

Is this a bug in the java lib that comes with VS.NET 2003?

thanks - bill

--
Bill Andreozzi
STATus Pro, Inc.

Ianier Munoz

May 9, 2003, 2:23:57 AM5/9/03
Are you closing the Zip file after you add your files to it?
Ianier

"Bill Andreozzi" <bill...@towncompass.com> wrote in message

Ianier Munoz

May 9, 2003, 5:22:28 AM5/9/03
This seems to be a bug of the VJ# runtime. Under the topic "java.util.zip
problem" I posted a problematic Zip file which contains the file that Nestor
was using for his tests.
Any chance to get this solved soon?
Regards,
Ianier

Shankar Adhi [MSFT]

May 9, 2003, 9:35:33 AM5/9/03
This is a known issue in J# class library. It will be fixed possibly in
the next release of J#.
Work Around: Decompress your zip file and again compress it using winzip,
the new zip file should work.
Thanks for using J#.
ShankarA

--
ShankarA, Visual J# .NET Team

Ianier Munoz

May 9, 2003, 9:56:00 AM5/9/03
Where can we found a list of known J# issues?
Thanks in advance,
Ianier

Ianier Munoz

May 9, 2003, 10:09:30 AM5/9/03
> Where can we found a list of known J# issues?
I meant "find". Sorry :-)

Shankar Adhi [MSFT]

May 12, 2003, 6:48:35 AM5/12/03
You can find the list of J# issues here:
http://support.microsoft.com/common/canned.aspx?R=d&H=Visual%20Jsharp%20Issu
es&LL=kbvjsharp%20and%20!kbwebcastsearch&Sz=!kbhowto

This Zip issue is not yet updated in the list.

Thanks,
ShankarA

>>From: "Ianier Munoz" <ianier[nospam]@hotmail.com>
>>Subject: Re: More on java.util.zip problem (J# runtime bug)
>>Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 16:09:30 +0200
>>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.vjsharp

>>> Where can we found a list of known J# issues?
>>I meant "find". Sorry :-)

__