Permissions to launch applications from intranet

1 view

denism

Mar 18, 2008, 11:23:34 AM3/18/08
We have the project where we launch the bootstrapper application and
it then launches other executables, scripts etc. The bootstrapper app
is a .NET 2.0 application. When it is launched from network location
and other files are also stored in the network location, it fails to
launch those files because of security issue (it is partially trusted
mode). Is there a way to have that application fully trusted so it can
launch other applications?

Thanks,
Denis

Jediah L

Mar 18, 2008, 12:44:43 PM3/18/08
Use the Evaluate Assembly option from the Code Access Security Policy
snap-in; and then adjust the CASPOL security settings accordingly.

"denism" <dmazo...@gmail.com> wrote in message

denism

Mar 21, 2008, 5:38:08 AM3/21/08
On Mar 18, 6:44 pm, "Jediah L" <r...@nospam.nospam> wrote:
> Use the Evaluate Assembly option from the Code Access Security Policy
> snap-in; and then adjust the CASPOL security settings accordingly.
>
> "denism" <dmazour...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > We have the project where we launch the bootstrapper application and
> > it then launches other executables, scripts etc. The bootstrapper app
> > is a .NET 2.0 application. When it is launched from network location
> > and other files are also stored in the network location, it fails to
> > launch those files because of security issue (it is partially trusted
> > mode). Is there a way to have that application fully trusted so it can
> > launch other applications?
>
> > Thanks,
> > Denis- Hide quoted text -

Thanks, but is there a way to make this in run-time?
Example: we're distributing our application on CD.
SysAdmin copied that application to network share and gave users link
to network share to launch EXE file - we don't want users to go launch
CASPOL or go into Assembly Evaluation. We just would like it to work
AS IS. Will any kind of signing help that?

Jediah L

Mar 24, 2008, 10:48:03 AM3/24/08
Build in the demands into the manifest for the necessary permissions, and
then sign the deployment with a trusted Authenticode Signature.