Re: Odd Behaviour of MDI Child Forms Overlapping Maximised

Calvin Luttrell/ProjectThunder.com

Jun 13, 2004, 5:09:02 PM6/13/04
Charles,

Can you post the code for your form?

-Calvin Luttrell
Enter to win a XBOX or a Portable DVD Player

> Sorry, but it's me again.
>
> I have a trivial application that exhibits this behaviour. It is an MDI form
> with two MDI child forms. Each child form has a picture box on it,
> AutoScroll = True, and the form is sized to be smaller than the picture box
> so that a scroll bar is displayed.
>
> I run the application, and the main form load creates the two child forms
> and shows them. So, my starting position is a parent form with two
> overlapping child forms with their windowstate = Normal.
>
> I then maximise one of the child forms, and press Ctl+F6 twice. The result
> is one child is maximised, and the other is displayed in front of it,
> non-maximised, but unmoveable and unsizable. It thinks it is maximised, but
> it isn't.
>
> Please tell me I'm not going mad (and then tell me what I can do to make it
> behave).
>
> Thanks.
>
> Charles
> [I realise that it is poor form to include an attachment on an opening post,
> but you have to see this to realise what is happening]

Cor Ligthert

Jun 14, 2004, 10:04:53 AM6/14/04
Hi Charles,

It looks weird as you said.

I did make something like this however not complete it, maybe you can use it
as a workaround.
(And than complete it, it acts a little bit as would be needed, however it
is not ready yet)

It is only meant to give you an idea for a workaround, in my opinion are you
clever enough to complete it when you can use it (and making things for you
complete is not the best thing to do)

:-)

Cor

\\\\
Private Sub Form2_Activated(ByVal sender As Object, _
ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Activated
Dim bool As Boolean
For Each frm As Form In Me.ParentForm.MdiChildren
If frm.WindowState = FormWindowState.Maximized Then
bool = True
frm.WindowState = FormWindowState.Normal
End If
Next
If bool = True Then
Me.WindowState = FormWindowState.Maximized
End If
End Sub
///

Charles Law

Jun 14, 2004, 11:16:31 AM6/14/04
Hi Cor

Thanks. I will try something like this, as you say, as a workaround. That
framework V1.1 service pack is long overdue ...

Charles

"Cor Ligthert" <notfir...@planet.nl> wrote in message

Charles Law

Jun 17, 2004, 8:51:23 AM6/17/04
Hi Cor

Sorry for the delay, but I thought you would be interested to know that your
workaround works for me exactly as you have written it.

Thanks very much.

Charles

Ryan Gregg

Jun 22, 2004, 12:35:05 PM6/22/04
I couldn't agree more. Thanks for the post on my blog about this newsgroup
thread. This solved my problem as well.

Ryan Gregg

"Charles Law" <bl...@nowhere.com> wrote in message