Permission Problem

Pitaridis Aristotelis

Sep 30, 2006, 3:01:51 AM9/30/06
I have an application which uses an Access Database to store the various
information. It was working perfect until I had to put it in a shared folder
in order to be able to use it from various machines. Now, when I try to
execute the application, it displays the following error message:

Requsest for the permission of type 'System.Data.OleDb.OleDbPermission,
System.Data, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' Failed.

When I click the OK Button, an other windows appears on the screen which
says:

Application attempts to perform an operation not allowed by the security
policy. To grand this application the required permission, contact your
system administrator, or use the Microsoft .NET Framework Configuration
tool.

Unfortunately I am the administrator but I have no idea how to fix it.

rowe_newsgroups

Sep 30, 2006, 1:13:23 PM9/30/06
Goto control panel --> admin tools --> Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0
Configuration.
Expand the Runtime Security Policy Node. Expand the Machine Level node.
Expand the Code Groups node. Right click on the All_Code node and
select "New..." Follow the wizard to build the new permission set (I
normally use strong name - see the .Net help for how to add a strong
name to you're solution). After you finish the wizard, you should be go
to go (on your computer at least!) So before you exit the Framework
Configuration, right click on "Runtime Security Policy" and select
"Create Deployment Package" and follow the wizard (be sure to select
Machine Level). This msi installer has to be run on each computer that
is going to use your program, and it must be run of the local drive -
running it from the network drive will not do anything. I had our
company's Network admin set up a login script to run the installer - I
think it the easiest way to accomplish it.

Thanks,

Seth Rowe

Pitaridis Aristotelis

Sep 30, 2006, 3:04:55 PM9/30/06