AssemblyBuilder - Dynamic assemblies

1 view

kendu

Dec 19, 2006, 10:22:26 AM12/19/06
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb/browse_frm/thread/3071d29344bae9ae/c5451c60c5c8a4a1?lnk=gst&q=system.reflection&rnum=38&hl=en#c5451c60c5c8a4a1

I'm searching the group and come across the above post that seems to
have the answer for my needs. But in the post the author was citing
problems in the code. Any working snippet or wrapper for dynamic
assemblies since then? Thanks in advance.

Ken Du

Spam Catcher

Dec 19, 2006, 7:07:43 PM12/19/06
"kendu" <ken...@yahoo.com> wrote in

> http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb/bro
> wse_frm/thread/3071d29344bae9ae/c5451c60c5c8a4a1?lnk=gst&q=system.refle
> ction&rnum=38&hl=en#c5451c60c5c8a4a1

> I'm searching the group and come across the above post that seems to
> have the answer for my needs. But in the post the author was citing
> problems in the code. Any working snippet or wrapper for dynamic
> assemblies since then? Thanks in advance.

What would you like to do? Dynamically load a DLL?

kendu

Dec 20, 2006, 12:36:48 AM12/20/06

For testing purpose, I already got a form generated dynamically in
run-time to a file say Test.vb. I can't show this form as in
Form1.Show() because it's not in the assembly. Per Atulmanvar of the
above post, it looks easy to load a form from a DLL to show it. But the
step he was having problem was compiling the form into the DLL (e.g.
the InitializeComponent part didn't kick in). If I could get this
compiling on-the-fly part going then I'm pretty much set.