How 2 refer to controls by a string variable name instead of index

GY2

Feb 20, 2006, 9:24:36 AM2/20/06
How do I refer to controls by a string variable name instead of by integer
item index?

A form contains 7 rich textbox controls labeled rtb1-rtb7. In VB6 I could
use the following code to loop through each one but with .NET I'm having
trouble doing something just as efficient.

Is there not a way to refer to the control by its name or do I have to go
find its index number in order to point to it?

All help appreciated.

For K = 1 To 7
strWhichRTB = "rtb" & K
With Me(strWhichRTB)
.Text = "whatever"
End With
Next K

Peter Proost

Feb 20, 2006, 9:30:51 AM2/20/06

check this link:

http://dotnet.mvps.org/dotnet/faqs/?id=controlbynameindex&lang=en

Greetz Peter

--
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build
bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. (Rich Cook)

"GY2" <2muc...@wherever.com> schreef in bericht

GY2

Feb 20, 2006, 10:23:54 AM2/20/06
Thanks a lot. This shows several ways to do it and I will probably go with
an array. Even so none of these methods are as clean as the old VB 6 way in
my opinion.

"Peter Proost" <ppr...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message