Google'i grupid ei toeta enam uusi Useneti postitusi ega tellimusi. Ajalooline sisu jääb vaadatavaks.

type 'pageClass' is not defined

682 vaatamist
Liigu esimese lugemata sõnumi juurde

Lew Burrus

lugemata,
26. mai 2006, 09:09:3026.05.06
kuni
I am relatively new to advanced concepts in
OOP, though I am fairly comfortable working
in .Net. Have recently taken a 1.1 project
into VS2005, and came across a show-stopper
of an error. When I create a variable of
another page's class type, the class is no
longer available, as I get the error "Type
'userControl' is not defined".

In other words, I have a page
displayRecs.aspx, and a user control
subRecords.ascx. In the main page, I need to
dim a variable as type subRecords; it worked
fine in 1.1, but in 2.0, I get the error. I
assume the compilation model requires
separate assemblies for each page, so the
classes aren't available until runtime. But
it seems like this could be a real hindrance
for many developers, and I image a workaround
must exist. Anybody know of one? Is this a
bug to be fixed, or a permanent change in .Net?

Lew

Jose Rodriguez

lugemata,
26. mai 2006, 10:23:4226.05.06
kuni
Lew, In order to reference a class type, it has to live inside the App_Code
directory or else with the new compilation model; but there is hope! MS just
released a new web application project that resembles what we had in 1.1
check this:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/default.aspx?pull=/library/en-us/dnvs05/html/WAP.asp

HTH

Jose