Message Boxes

cmdolcet69

Sep 12, 2008, 11:22:03 AM9/12/08
How canI customize the message box button so that instead of the
standard Yes No I can either rename the Yes or rename the No or even
add a 3rd button?

za...@construction-imaging.com

Sep 12, 2008, 11:49:07 AM9/12/08

As far as I am aware, you cannot customize the MessageBox. You can
select from several different sets of buttons from the
MessageBoxButton enumeration, but those are all the choices you have.

kimiraikkonen

Sep 12, 2008, 11:51:22 AM9/12/08

I don't think you can rename existing "MessageBox" buttons because
their language must be based on OS language / version. You must pass
MessageBoxButtons enum to define which buttons to display on
MessageBox.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.forms.messageboxbuttons.aspx

Additionaly, you can create a small dialog form to add fancy buttons
or custom text to behave as if it's a messagebox (actually not).

HTH,

Onur Güzel

rowe_newsgroups

Sep 12, 2008, 2:10:00 PM9/12/08
On Sep 12, 11:22 am, cmdolcet69 <colin_dolce...@hotmail.com> wrote:

My recommendation would be to create a custom form.

Thanks,

Seth Rowe [MVP]
http://sethrowe.blogspot.com/

Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]

Sep 12, 2008, 9:49:17 PM9/12/08
"cmdolcet69" <colin_d...@hotmail.com> schrieb:

> How canI customize the message box button so that instead of the
> standard Yes No I can either rename the Yes or rename the No or even
> add a 3rd button?

In addition to the other replies, if you want to write your own replacement
method/class:

Implementing a message box with standard behavior
<URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/dotnet/faqs/?id=custommsgbox&lang=en>

--
M S Herfried K. Wagner
M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>