Update project without installing again

Sheldon

Sep 16, 2008, 10:31:01 AM9/16/08
Hi!

How do you update a project that's already installed on the user's machines?
In VB6, I would just overwrite the exe (when everyone was out of the
project) and it would change the program for all users.

Is there some comparable way in .Net? I'm running Visual Studio 2008.

Any help will be graciously accepted!
--
Sheldon

kimiraikkonen

Sep 16, 2008, 12:13:53 PM9/16/08

If your route would be same with overwriting the exe file again in
your .NET project, you can use:

My.Computer.FileSystem.CopyFile(source,destination, overwrite)

...and just set overwrite parameter to "True".

Hope this helps,

Onur Güzel

Patrice

Sep 16, 2008, 12:36:56 PM9/16/08
You can do the same (do you have a problme when trying ?)...

--
Patrice

"Sheldon" <She...@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
groupe de discussion : 24024E3D-2807-4F47...@microsoft.com...