start service programmatically?

Peter Rilling

Apr 2, 2003, 7:12:26 PM4/2/03
I have a service that I am installing through a custom action in a
deployment project. I have set the startup type to Automatic but this only
specifies what should happen when the system boots. What I need to do is to
start the service immediately upon installation because subsequent custom
action will require operations from the service. How might I immediately
start the service?

Rob Smorenburg

Apr 2, 2003, 11:51:39 PM4/2/03
Hi Peter,

Have a look at the System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController class
and then especially at the Start() method.

I hope that this answers your question.

Rob Smorenburg.