Highlight days in MonthCalendar

michael_hk

Jan 5, 2004, 10:10:27 PM1/5/04

I am new to Windows Form programming and now have a simple Q about
MonthCalendar.

I want to hightlight some days in the calendar by changing the
background color of these days. But I can't find any property or
method that let me do this. What I know is that I can bold them...

Thanks.

Michael

Mark Johnson

Jan 6, 2004, 4:01:23 AM1/6/04
If you mean by MonthCalendar the DateTimePicker then the answer is no.

DateTimePicker is based on a DateTime Field in the Control.
This DateTime can have only one value.
The Date of the DateTime is highlighted.
Looking at DateTimePicker.cs offered by Microsoft show this as far as I can
see.

Sorry,
Mark Johnson, Berlin Germany
mj1...@mj10777.de

"michael_hk" <hkprog...@yahoo.co-dot-jp.no-spam.invalid> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:3ffa2723$1...@127.0.0.1...

Ed Crowley

Jan 7, 2004, 5:50:13 AM1/7/04
I think by MonthCalendar he means MonthCalendar!

"Mark Johnson" <mj1...@mj10777.de> wrote in message

bvh

Aug 26, 2004, 12:36:23 PM8/26/04
Use the DayRender event for the calendar then target the days. Here
is some sample code that changes the background color of the cell if
there is a database entry for an appointment on any given day:

private void Calendar1_DayRender(object sender,
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DayRenderEventArgs e)
{
foreach (DataRow row in ds.Tables["Calendar"].Rows){
try {
DateTime eventdate=(DateTime)row["event_start_time"];
if
(eventdate.ToShortDateString().Equals(e.Day.Date.ToShortDateString()))
{

Here's what you want: e is coming of the DayRender method and gives
you a particular cell

----> e.Cell.BackColor=System.Drawing.Color.FromArgb(230,179,1); <--
}
}