How can I limit my source code to 76 characters per line in .NET?

David Beoulve

Apr 12, 2006, 9:07:48 AM4/12/06
Stupid question... but thanks to Jon's page here:
http://www.yoda.arachsys.com/csharp/complete.html

I now find myself having a good reason to keep my code lines shorter
(which i tend to do for my own sake, but not unilaterally).

In Ultraedit and PSPad, I can create a vertical line that shows me
where the 80th (or whatever) column is. Any such mojo in the .NET
editor?

pinkoP...@pinkopallonia.it

Apr 12, 2006, 11:52:21 AM4/12/06
You need it for print it?

May be creating a macro to modify source code...

Hannes Pavelka

Apr 12, 2006, 12:39:41 PM4/12/06
Hello David,

you can indeed make Visual Studio Editor display such a line. However, it
demands editing the registry. It is not possible to enable the vertical line
from within Visual Studio.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\7.1\Text Editor

Create a string "Guides" and assign the value "RGB(128,0,0) 79"

Kind Regards,
Hannes Pavelka

--
Hannes Pavelka
blog: http://www.hannes-pavelka.com

"David Beoulve" <egypti...@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Sericinus hunter

Apr 12, 2006, 3:08:45 PM4/12/06
Hannes Pavelka wrote:
> Hello David,
>
> you can indeed make Visual Studio Editor display such a line. However, it
> demands editing the registry. It is not possible to enable the vertical line
> from within Visual Studio.
>
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\7.1\Text Editor
>
> Create a string "Guides" and assign the value "RGB(128,0,0) 79"

Where do you learn things like that?

Nick Hounsome

Apr 13, 2006, 4:24:15 AM4/13/06
Sounds great but 8.0 (VS express) doesn't have a "Text Editor" key (in fact
quite a lot of registry stuff has been removed compared to 7.1)

"Hannes Pavelka" <hjpa...@gmail.com> wrote in message