Datagridview scrollbar click event

Rex the Strange

Oct 4, 2006, 7:19:33 PM10/4/06
How can I hook into the click event of the directional buttons of a
scrollbar on the DataGridView component? I tried this:

public class ScrollDataGrid: DataGridView {
new public ScrollBar VerticalScrollBar {
get { return base.VerticalScrollBar; }
}// ScrollBar;
}// ScrollDataGrid;

and this...

ScrollDataGrid scroll_grid = (data_grid as ScrollDataGrid);
scroll_grid.VerticalScrollBar.MouseDown += scroll_grid_mousedown;

and, surprise, surprise, it didn't work. I'm sure you can get the idea
of what I'm trying to accomplish, here. Is it possible to do it this
way or do I have to actually create a new component (god, I hope not).

tia,
rts