Google Ryhmät ei enää tue uusia Usenet-postauksia tai ‐tilauksia. Aiempi sisältö on edelleen nähtävissä.

In need of a good FTP Component

127 katselukertaa
Siirry ensimmäiseen lukemattomaan viestiin

Gina_Marano

lukematon,
4.11.2006 klo 13.30.324.11.2006
vastaanottaja
Hey All,

Ok, I give up on writing my own FTP component. Too many requirements
thrown at me after I started. (you all know how that happens ;) )

I am looking for and FTP component (http download would be a plu as
well).

Here are the requirements:

1) Ability get a directory/file listing with all the attributes parsed
already (file name, size, date)
2) the original timestamp must remain on the downloaded file

This needs to be efficient. I will be downloading 1000s of files a day.
I will use the filename, size, and date to detect if this is a
duplicate file or just a duplicate name.

If anyone knows of such a component please let me know :)

~Gina~

Dave Sexton

lukematon,
4.11.2006 klo 13.51.384.11.2006
vastaanottaja
Hi Gina,

If you're using the 2.0 framework try the System.Net.FtpWebRequest class.

--
Dave Sexton

"Gina_Marano" <gina...@gmail.com> wrote in message

PS

lukematon,
4.11.2006 klo 15.03.414.11.2006
vastaanottaja

"Gina_Marano" <gina...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hey All,
>
> Ok, I give up on writing my own FTP component. Too many requirements
> thrown at me after I started. (you all know how that happens ;) )
>
> I am looking for and FTP component (http download would be a plu as
> well).

nSoftware has a group of IP related utilites called IP Works for $500
(www.nsoftware.com). Well worth the money.

PS

Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]

lukematon,
4.11.2006 klo 17.49.024.11.2006
vastaanottaja
I've used edFtp (that's enterprise dt) with great success. It's freeware
(also a commercial version) and comes with source code. You can find it
easily on the web.
Peter

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
UnBlog:
http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com

Gina_Marano

lukematon,
6.11.2006 klo 19.39.246.11.2006
vastaanottaja
Thanks for the imput guys!

~Gina~

Kevien Lee

lukematon,
6.11.2006 klo 22.22.136.11.2006
vastaanottaja
There is a lib call "FTPClient",which write in C# may be fit for you

Adam Benson

lukematon,
7.11.2006 klo 11.22.167.11.2006
vastaanottaja
http://www.xceedsoft.com/products/FtpNet/index.aspx

I used an early version of XCeed's FTP component with good results. And I
must agree with your earlier comment - don't bother writing your own. It's
cheaper to buy.

HTH,

Adam.
=======

Gina_Marano

lukematon,
8.11.2006 klo 13.45.198.11.2006
vastaanottaja
Thanks Adam and Kevin,

I was basing my work off of FTPClient and another library. I got
everything to work. After I receive the file I change the modified date
time to match that of the ftp site. I also found some code that lets
me parse the FTP directory listing, not pretty. :)

I will probably have to go to a pay-for component when the requirements
expand.

~Gina~

0 uutta viestiä