System.Net.WebProxy.GetDefaultProxy() and proxy servers

Michael S. Scherotter

Nov 11, 2005, 10:42:24 AM11/11/05
I am building a C# desktop application in .Net 1.1 that consumes web
services. I use System.Net.WebProxy.GetDefaultProxy() to get the proxy
settings from IE but I get reports from people who are using proxy servers
that this doesn't work and the web service does not connect.

System.Net.WebProxy proxy = System.Net.WebProxy.GetDefaultProxy();

Any suggestions on how I can get the actual proxy settings that IE is using,
even if it configured with a configuration script?

Michael S. Scherotter
Business Solutions Architect
Mindjet Corporation