Running WSE 2 and WSE 3 in same web service project

Brian.M...@gmail.com

May 15, 2007, 8:52:07 AM5/15/07
Does anyone know if it is possible to run WSE 2 and WSE 3 in the same
web service project? I have separate config sections for each and my
web services in the system.web tag looks like:
<webServices>
<soapServerProtocolFactory
type="Microsoft.Web.Services3.WseProtocolFactory,
Microsoft.Web.Services3, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
<soapExtensionImporterTypes>
<add
type="Microsoft.Web.Services3.Description.WseExtensionImporter,
Microsoft.Web.Services3, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
</soapExtensionImporterTypes>
<soapExtensionTypes>
<add
type="Microsoft.Web.Services2.WebServicesExtension,Microsoft.Web.Services2,
Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
priority="1" group="0"/>
</soapExtensionTypes>
</webServices>

I am trying to use 1 web service running WSE 3 for the new security
and MTOM and the rest still running WSE 2. I seem to be getting funny
results though.

Thanks,
Brian

Brian.M...@gmail.com

May 15, 2007, 9:28:22 AM5/15/07
Nevermind, I figured it out. In the <system.web>, I keep WSE 2.0
<webServices>

<soapExtensionTypes>
<add
type="Microsoft.Web.Services2.WebServicesExtension,Microsoft.Web.Services2,
Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
priority="1" group="0"/>
</soapExtensionTypes>
</webServices>

and then I added a location tag for each web service that looks like
<location path="{file path}">
<system.web>
<webServices>
<soapExtensionTypes>
<clear/>
</soapExtensionTypes>

<soapServerProtocolFactory
type="Microsoft.Web.Services3.WseProtocolFactory,
Microsoft.Web.Services3, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
<soapExtensionImporterTypes>
<add
type="Microsoft.Web.Services3.Description.WseExtensionImporter,
Microsoft.Web.Services3, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
</soapExtensionImporterTypes>

</webServices>
</system.web>